Sunday, April 18, 2010

One week ago

One week ago I was happily pregnant, sitting in our recliner on bedrest, POSITIVE that I would be one of those lucky people who had their water break early but made it to full term. Of course I would be, why on earth wouldn't it be me? I was doing everything right. Only getting up to pee, drinking tons of liquids, eating healthy, staying positive, repeating my mantras and positive affirmations, taking loads of vitamins. We had brand new sheets on the bed, washed everything we owned, had hand sanitizer at every turn, and I'd nabbed a few boxes of those infamous mesh panties from the hospital so I could change them every time I went to the bathroom. The house has never been so clean and there was no way infection was coming anywhere near me. I'd already passed the critical 48 hour mark and was half way to the 10 day milestone. There was no way I wouldn't make it, right?

Little did I know that in just three short hours I'd start to feel contractions (which I would initially pass off as indigestion).

In seven hours I'd be firmly in the throes of labor.

In eight hours I'd be in the hospital.

In twelve hours Caleb would be born.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking about you and praying for you, Caleb and your family. -A Bumpie for the Bump.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friends and family stole stuff from the hospital for me too! i felt like i had been robbed, so i didn't feel bad about it. plus i was so angry that i had to give birth in the hospital anyway....
    i just started reading your blog tonight from 17 weeks onward. i'm so very sorry for you loss. thank you for sharing your story. it's been bringing back lots of memories from my birth story and those early months. i hope you are doing as well as can be expected and please know that you are in my thoughts. if you have facebook i've got a link on my blog to my page.

    much love to you and your family. <3

    ReplyDelete