Friday, August 6, 2010

Dr. Stitches

I just got off the phone with the Dr. Miracle I talked about in my previous post, or Dr. Stitches, as Courtney calls him. We were on the phone for about an hour and 15 minutes...and holy cow, does that man talk a lot! But in a good, "I'm-really-passionate-about-what-I'm-telling-you" way, not a condescending "I'm-the-doctor-so-you'd-better-listen-to me" way.

We went over my history in more detail and he was more convinced than ever that I have incompetent cervix, and he's certain that when I talk to the doctors they'll agree. We (well, he) also talked about the types of cerclages in details, and why he believes that the only person who should ever have a TVC (transvaginal) is one who refuses to deliver via c-section and who is willing to risk the death or extreme prematurity of another baby. His mission is to replace all TVCs with TACs (transabdominal), as he believes they are safer and more effective by miles. We talked about the risks, the procedure itself, future pregnancies, and what the next steps would be if I decided to pursue this option.

Seriously, we talked for over an hour and it would be impossible to summarize it all here, so if you have any specific questions, leave them in the comments and I'll try to answer.

But I think it's obvious that I'm in love and would drive myself to Chicago tomorrow if I could.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is great. I'm happy you have a doctor who really takes his time with you and who is passionate about what he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you found this Doctor!! Doctor's that like what they do and are passionate are the greatest :) I'm hoping your MFM agrees with Dr. Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experiences with him, I've been reading and researching a lot about TAC and Dr. Haney. Are you close to Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to make my drive to see him this fall.

    We will be bringing our next babies home with us, I just know we will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, I'm about a 6 hour drive/2 hour flight away. Super easy! :)

    ReplyDelete